What Makes Our Approach Different?
Even with the best hearing technology, seeing improvement is not guaranteed. What you really need is a comprehensive approach to care. Our experienced providers and attentive staff offer unparalleled service and care to bring you the results you expect and deserve.
Why Community Hearing Center?
You get a hearing care experience focused on you and your hearing needs. Our comprehensive 4-step process includes:
- A conversation with you about your listening lifestyle
- An evaluation of your ears to ensure they are free of earwax or debris
- A complete, diagnostic hearing test battery
- A discussion of the technology options that would work best for your unique situation
We want to empower you to make the best, most informed decision possible about your hearing care.
We understand that one size does not fit all. That’s why we offer two different better-hearing service plans, as well as a service-as-needed option.
All patients receive a 45-day trial period to ensure they are happy with the fit and sound quality of their hearing instruments.
Our better-hearing service plans include:
- Hearing aid clean and checks
- Re-programming and verification of your hearing aid settings
- Earwax removal
- Our battery program
Working with the world’s best hearing-device manufacturers, we curate a selection of technology in a variety of styles that represents the newest, most effective options for optimizing your listening lifestyle.
Your Listening Lifestyle
This is key to how we determine our technology recommendations. Your listening lifestyle describes the amount of background noise you encounter daily. Someone who loves rock concerts needs a different level of technology than someone who sees music as a good source of quiet background sound at home.
- A variety of video and audio entertainment
- Diverse restaurant dining
- Sporting events
- Outdoor activities
- Demanding careers
- Family gatherings
- Weekly religious services
- Engaging conversation
- Television watching
- Quiet restaurant dining
- Personal business meetings
- Occasional visits with friends and family
- Occasional music listening
- Occasional television watching
- Quiet shopping trips
- Worship gatherings
Very quiet lifestyle
- Activities in and around the home
- Hardly any television watching
- Small religious services